Textile printing Toronto
(for some of the workshops there will be a separate supply list)
- -Up to 5 yards of pre-washed white 100% cotton fabric for printing
(rayon or silk optional)
- Cotton T-shirt, place mats etc. (optional)
- Apron and Rubber Gloves
- Empty containers with lids (e.g. small yogurt containers or other inexpensive containers)
- Lunch (we have a fridge and a microwave oven)
What to bring to Pam’s Workshops:
Pam will e-mail a supply list for each of her workshops.
Workshops will be held at the Colour Vie Studio
222 Symington Ave., Toronto
Call us early to reserve your space: 416-532-7435 (local calls)
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Cash or Cheques
If the workshop is cancelled (insufficient attendance) you will receive a full refund or a credit towards another workshop. If you must cancel for personal reasons, refunds or credits are given only if you contact us by phone or in writing 7 days before the date of the workshop.
About Owner and Instructor: Gunnel Hag...
- •Gunnel Hag is an enthusiastic, innovative and creative teacher.
- •She studied Textiles at Stockholm University, Sweden and the Royal College of Art, London, England.
- •For over thirty years she has owned and operated Trees Textile Designers and Printers in Toronto, currently producing printed and dyed fabrics for film and theatre companies in Canada and the United States.
- •Her clothing and interior fabrics have been represented at International Design exhibitions. She has received many grants and awards for her work, including OAC grants and a Ministry of Industry and Trade Award.
- •Gunnel was a professor in the Textile Studio at Sheridan College, School of Craft and Design in Oakville, Ontario for twelve years. In 2002 she was a visiting lecturer at the National Institute of Design in Ahmedabad, India.
- •Gunnel has published two books: ‘Creating Texture’ and ‘Creating Texture: Soft Textures.
- •Her concern with health and safety, both in her studio and in the classroom, has led Gunnel to actively promote the water based Colour Vie Pigment System for the past twenty years.
About Pam Woodward...
- •Pam Woodward is a textile artist who has worked in theatre, film, and television costuming for over 40 years.
- •She has specialized in surface design techniques including dyeing, painting, embellishments, and fabric manipulation.
- •She has taught breakdown, the ageing and distressing of costumes,