Ames Europe specializes in developing, knitting and finishing Circular Knitted Fabrics for technical purposes. Ames EXTENDO is our brand name for these custom engineered fabrics. They are used as a substrate for coating or laminating or as a designed face fabric for protective wear or automotive interiors.
The Ames EXTENDO range offers:
- Weights range from 30 gsm up to 400 gsm.
- Widths up to 240 cm.
- Roll lengths up to 4500 lm.
- Ecru, dyed and solution dyed fabrics.
- Specific constructions for different applications. This can be a plain, pique, maille blocquee, interlock or any other custom designed construction. Based on your requirements in terms of stretch, strength, feel or look our specialists define or develop a construction fit to purpose.
- Fabrics with fire retardant, hydrophilic, hydrophobic, anti-bacterial or anti-static properties.
- We partner with yarn suppliers world-wide to select the right yarn for your article. This can be a regular Polyester or Polyamide yarn but also a.o. PA FR, Protex or Bamboo for special requirements. Customers world-wide rely on Ames EXTENDO Circular Knitted Fabrics. Challenge us with your enquiries.